Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: CARGO Siena Blush vs NARS Amour Blush

When I first read some beauty reviewers saying that NARS Amour is identical to CARGO Siena, I was really excited. CARGO Siena has always been my most favorite blush in terms of color and blendability. But I dont't love CARGO's tin packaging without mirror, and the biggest drawback is the poor staying power. I have oily skin and I needed to reapply 3-5 times a day with Siena. I have another CARGO blush, Mendocino, and somehow it lasts longer on my cheek.

So, I've been searching for another blush that is an exact dupe to Siena, with better packaging and staying power. I grabbed Amour from Makeupalley swapping corner and was pretty lucky to get around 95% of the product. I do love NARS' slim and sleek packaging, and from all the colors I've had in my possession, the lasting power is pretty great.

So, is it an exact dupe? See for yourself.





Well, Amour does look very similar to Siena on the cheek, just a tad pinker. They're both matte, but Siena gives a bit of glow that I fail to see from Amour. Amour could last a half day on me, so I only need to reapply once or twice, depending on the heat I am exposed to that day. I bet no one could see the difference once it's on, but to me, they're still different. :)
I still love Amour, though. Being the closest color to Siena, I now wear it almost everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment